At Heating and Cooling Company, we work with a long list of homeowners in the GTA to keep their water heaters running safely and efficiently. We deal with both tankless and traditional systems, and we are adequately familiar with all the brands and models available, old and new. We’re committed to providing dependable and high-standard water heater installation, repair, maintenance and renting services to our customers. With our line of modern and high-efficient water heaters, advanced equipment, qualified and experienced technicians, and commitment to quality, we will make sure your water is consistently hot whenever you need it.
Does Hard Water Affect My Water Heater?
While you can run a water heater with hard water (water that has high concentrations of various minerals), it increases the amount of unwanted buildup of scale in the heater and other appliances. To prevent this, it is recommended that you install a water softener to reduce the minerals in your water.
What are the Advantages of a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater, instead of using a cylinder to hold water like a traditional heater will heat the water on demand using a heat exchanger fueled by natural-gas or propane. Because of this difference, tankless water heaters offer a variety of benefits to households, specifically:
- Space Saving: depending on the size of your home and where your water heater is located, having a unit that does not require a large container for water can make a huge difference in how you use your space.
- In Demand: Tankless water heaters are gaining in popularity and having one in your home can serve as a selling feature should you decide to move.
- Unlimited Hot Water: Unlike tank water heaters, a tankless water heater heats water on demand and will continue to do so as long as there is a fuel source – no showers turning cold halfway through!
- Long Life Expectancy: Though tankless water heaters have higher initial costs, they are also likely to last much longer than tank heaters and they can also be repaired with individual parts versus being completely replaced – this is not only less expensive, it also means creating less waste for the environment.
Traditional storage tank systems are the most common types of water heaters in Toronto. As the name suggests, they consist of a large tank that heats and stores water. A temperature-and-pressure relief valve controls the temperature and pressure in the tank. Storage tank heaters can run on either natural gas or electricity. Gas-fueled water heaters are usually more efficient but more expensive than electric heaters.
Because the water is always hot, storage tank systems are ideal if you want a steady and uninterrupted supply. When your gas or electricity goes out or the heater malfunctions, you will still have enough hot water to use before your trusted Heating and Cooling Company technician comes to rectify the situation. On the other hand, a system that keeps all the water in the tank consistently hot, even when you’re not using it, can be significantly less cost-effective than one that only heats water on demand.
Rather than storing water, tankless systems apply flashes of heat onto water-filled coils to heat the water when you need it. Although their initial cost can be higher, they’re more efficient than conventional storage tank water heaters. A tankless water heater is the best choice if you have a large home with ample hot water demands because it would be highly impractical to keep all the hot water your family needs in a storage tank. Like tanked systems, tankless units can run on gas or electricity
At Heating and Cooling Company, we provide a comprehensive range of water heater services, from installation, repair, and maintenance to rentals in the Toronto areas. Call us today, and we will be more than happy to fulfill your water heating needs.
Water Heater Maintenance
The long-term functionality of a water heater varies with factors like location, the design of the unit and the quality of installation. However, caring for your system will help to prolong its lifespan and sustain its efficiency, regardless of the type or brand you have.
Heating and Cooling Company offers hot water heater maintenance services that maximize the service that these crucial systems give their owners. Our tune-up approach is focused on catching any problems before they begin and reducing the need for repairs. Let us take care of your cleaning, draining, flushing and evaluation needs so that you can rest easy knowing your home has a steady hot water supply for the long-term.
- Low Initial Cost: While tankless water heaters may end up being cheaper in the long run, tank water heaters are much cheaper both in unit cost and installation costs. This can make tank heaters a better option when you need a unit quickly and other financing is not an option.
- Convenient Hot Water Supply: Even though a tankless water heater can supply endless hot water, it is limited in how much it can put out at one time which makes it difficult to use hot water in multiple areas at once such as the shower and dishwasher.
Call us today, and we’ll bring the comfort back into your home.